Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Removing Weight-Loss Obstacles

So it looks like the last blog I posted was on 1/28, and that's a pretty long time not to check in with how things are going....that would be because they aren't going so well. Everything was great; I was exercising every day and using the My Fitness Pal web site each day. When I exercised, it was in the morning, right after I put my son on the bus. I got into a great routine where I did this each and every morning, and I was excited about it, too.

Then one morning, I was particularly tired, and I decided I would wait until I got home from work in the afternoon to do it, which was fine. I waited until I got home, and then I did it. I did the same thing the next day; waited till I got home. Then the next morning, I said I was going to do the same thing, and the afternoon came and I didn't do it. Same thing the next day, then the next day, until I didn't even think about it in the morning. The elliptical machine takes up half my living room, and I just didn't think about it!!

One major problem I am having is my stress level, which has been through the roof lately. It wears me down. I have never been so tired in all my life; that is, until I started working as a paralegal. I think about my job all the time; in fact, it has kept me awake many nights. School is reeeeaally playing into this tremendous pressure on me as well. However, I am very well aware that working out actually helps with all this! It's just that I always have the feeling that I don't have enough time. Once I graduate in May, I will feel so much more free to focus on one thing at a time, but until then, I absolutely must find a way to make this work.

I have come to realize that I do not like the feeling of using the machine on the second level of this house with people living underneath me. Interestingly, though, they have never complained or even mentioned hearing any noise from it, but while using it, I am constantly thinking "omg what if they hear me!?" Grrr, they can't hear me!!

Also, I need to determine what time of day I plan to use this so I don't fall into this again. If I do it first thing in the morning, I am often exhausted by around 6:00, which is not good on the day I have classes. If I choose to wait until the afternoon, that needs to be my regular plan, but that's when the guy downstairs comes home, and what if he hears me!!?

Has anyone else completely dropped the ball to this extent and found a way back on their feet without becoming utterly discouraged?? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment