Friday, February 22, 2013

Effective Immediately: Slim Fast Diet

Things are out of control. It's time to admit it. The way I have set this up is not working for me, and I think it is because everything else that's going on right now is just chaotic. The stress from work is getting to me, the stress from school and maintaining the household is getting to me. Lately I have been looking in the mirror and thinking omg, I'm going to be this way forever. I've had my chance, and it's gone.

So as I sit awake when I have to be up for school early tomorrow morning but can't sleep because my heart is pounding after eating high-sodium junk food for dinner, I'm thinking I need to somehow regain control of this situation. Control starts with self-discipline and will power, which is exactly what I am lacking. So, the last time I was able to efficiently take control of my eating habits was the day I started the Slim Fast Diet.

Extreme? Maybe. I know a lot of people don't agree with it. I've heard it referred to as a "starvation diet". And yes, expensive. But I have no sense of portion control, and no sense of portion control turns into "who cares?" I can drive down the street between errands and come up with an excuse to eat garbage for lunch. Not with a Slim Fast in the car. Discipline.

Once I have regained control, I will switch to 3 healthy meals a day.



2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I am not a breakfast eater at all so I use atkin's shakes as a meal replacement. Much easier to get chocolate milk type thing down in the am. I love slim fast too but I am cutting out sugar and carbs so that is a no go for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never tried Atkin's shakes, but my husband did the Atkin's diet and he lost a lot of weight. I usually just automatically revert to Slim Fast because I can be fairly certain it will work for me, as long as I stick with it, which is where I've been running into a problem lately! :[

    ReplyDelete