Monday, January 28, 2013

Adjusting to the New Lifestyle

I am actually feeling a lot better! I have more energy during the day and I can think more clearly. I am more confident, which is great! I am still having difficulty falling asleep (my mind loves to race at night), but in the morning I can wake up when the alarm clock goes off without hitting the snooze button three times.

I love this machine, but the only thing that bugs me is that my middle toe on either foot starts to go numb toward the end of my workout. Not a big deal, since by this time I am usually just about done anyway, and it can usually be resolved if I stop for a moment and take the pressure off my foot. I read in a fitness magazine a while back that this is normal with elliptical machines, or any machine that requires repetitive motion for that matter. My biggest concern, as always, is that I am bothering the people downstairs, but this thing is so quiet. Usually they will let me know if they can hear me, especially early in the morning (lol) but they have not done so yet.

My eating habits are getting much better. I am aware of my calorie intake, but more importantly, I am doing a great job avoiding those empty calories. The only problem is still portion control, which is getting better, but still needs work. I have set a daily caloric goal of 1200, and I still sometimes find myself going a little bit over. Not too bad, but I would like to get it down.

On that note, I made this fantastic meal for dinner, and I was blown away to see my husband actually eating tofu!! When I first gave him one, he had this look on his face like he was anticipating that it would be disgusting, then a couple of minutes later, he was like wow, that is awesome! :) Quite an achievement considering he never ate green veggies or seafood in his life until he met me. Anyway, here is the link for the recipe:

 
 
Now I need to cut this short because I have schoolwork and work-work piled up, so I will be back soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment