Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Little Things

I was visiting my father, and I felt pretty good when he noticed that I had lost weight. I can tell the difference by looking at my face and my skin; when I'm in my "I couldn't care less" mode, my skin is pale, and I look almost sick. That probably has something to do with my poor circulation (which, by the way, has been great lately, and it actually makes me feel more energetic). Nowadays, my skin looks healthy, and full of color. I don't have to pry my wedding ring off of my finger when I need to, it slides off pretty easily. My old pants are starting to fit me again. It's the little things! It's all about being patient, and just experiencing my life. :)

I have decided that I am only going to weigh myself every two weeks. I don't need to be concerning myself with my weight all the time. I think every other Friday would be good, which is what I've been doing.

Anyway, things are still going great, but I think I may have been over-exerting myself a bit while exercising, so today I just took a leisurely walk down the bike path. I almost felt guilty about it, but then I remembered my doctor asking me "can you walk 30 minutes a day?" and that helped. So today is about taking it a little easier (I really get into it when the music is playing, lol, or if it's been a particularly stressful day for whatever reason, I tend to push myself a little harder). I am noticing that my exercise is also getting easier, so I have to continue to increase the level on my elliptical. If you're like me, you never really think about this when you first start an exercise routine, but it's only so difficult in the beginning because you need to build up those muscles that you never used before. That is exactly what has happened. Plus, I need to start thinking about switching it up a little bit, which may become tougher in the winter. I may think about a gym membership again at some point, but no contracts!

No comments:

Post a Comment