Friday, November 14, 2014

Enjoying a Healthy Lifestyle

So I weighed myself this morning, and I'm finally back at 251, so it looks like I can sort of pick up where I left off with the "progress" photos, which are a lot of fun. I think that getting my weight below 250 will really help me to stay motivated (not that I'm not motivated now, but I know that in the past, this is what I have had issues with; the fact that I need things to happen "now, now, now" lol). Anyway, it's been a long time since I've weighed less than 250, so I am glad to see that my patience and perseverance has been paying off.

It has also been great that I now see the whole thing differently than what I used to. I look at my health in terms of a whole, rather than a little challenge here, a big challenge there, etc., and only in terms of my weight. I mean that I am really focused on taking care of my body now (you only get one!) and anything I choose to do will contribute to that. For instance, I did my 40 minute walk yesterday morning after putting my son on the bus, then later on I saw an opportunity to take another walk, and we all went as a family and walked around town together. I didn't see it as "oh, double exercise today! Ugh!!" I'm doing it in a way that I can enjoy it, I'm keeping it interesting (going to different places, never walking in the same area twice within a period of two weeks). I don't wake up anymore with the mentality that "I have to do this, I can't stop now or I won't do it anymore". In fact, I really don't even think about it now, I just get out and enjoy it whenever I feel like it, and always with the understanding that I will feel good afterwards. Regardless of what it looks like, I am slowly re-learning to love my body in any shape it's in, so I don't feel guilty about going a little over my ideal calorie limit once in a while. I have always been a little too hard on myself over those things. I think this is what they mean when they say it has to be less about diet and exercise, and more about a change in your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment