Monday, October 27, 2014

Still on Track

Checking in again! Still going, just as strong as ever, and my daily exercise and healthy eating / cooking light has become a solid routine for me. Exercising has become so much easier, and I find that I have to increase the level on my elliptical machine a little each week to keep it challenging. I feel so much stronger, and so much better generally; my circulation is better than it has been in a long time. I have lots of energy, and I'm not lazy (like I certainly was, which I hate to admit!) I sleep well at night. I am more interested in getting out and doing things; experiencing my life, and making my family's life better as well. I cook pretty much every night now; we have actually eliminated our weekly restaurant night, and we just go out for little celebrations (my son got his soccer trophy, so we took him to lunch afterwards on the weekend) and maybe the occasion when I don't feel like cooking, but I'm actually getting into it! My mother never taught me to cook, so once I was on my own, it was a real struggle for me (lots of trial and error, and discouragement, which usually made me want to eat out all the time). I'm not saying that to blame her for anything; she had 3 kids, and life was hectic for her at times! But it has taken some work for me to get to this point in my culinary skills, which I am quite proud of, and to cook low-calorie foods, no less, with a continually wonderful response from the family is so inspiring! Even my 8-year-old, who used to refuse to try anything new, eats the food I make from time to time (LOL) which says a lot!

Since I've started practicing mindfulness, I'm no longer in a hurry to lose weight. I don't have to force myself to exercise; it's just something that I do, at my leisure. While I used to be upset at losing "only five pounds" here and there, I can now see it as an accomplishment for myself, particularly when I think of what five pounds actually weighs. When I was little, I would help my mom carry in the groceries, and I used to hate carrying the 5 lb. bag of sugar because it was so heavy (I was pretty young, lol). I use that when I think about how much I've lost. That's not bad at all!

So according to My Fitness Pal, I have logged in every day for a month. Another not-so-little accomplishment for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment