Saturday, October 11, 2014

Still Going Strong

Just thought I would check in to say that everything is still going very well. I log in to My Fitness Pal every day to keep track of everything. I am not weighing myself every day like I said I was going to do last year, because that's not what this whole thing is about, but I did go back to my doctor and found that I did lose 4 lbs.; that was last week, so I don't know how much progress I've made to date.

I have been impressing myself with my will power. On the occasional restaurant night (I mean very occasional; it's not even once a week anymore, which is great) I look for healthier options, and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself at all! My husband and son even wanted to stop at Newport Creamery after dinner to get a milkshake, and I was not even remotely interested, but I still went with them. When I said I didn't want anything (I was more concerned with keeping my blood pressure down, because when it gets up there, I feel very uncomfortable, and the sodium content of my meal was a bit on the high side) my husband looked at me like I was nuts, lol. But again, what's important is that I didn't feel like I was depriving myself. I am able to look at food as something that I am always lucky enough to have around whenever I need it; just a part of life, and not something that I need to use to fill a void. I feel so much more focused and balanced, and so much better physically as well. I couldn't be happier with the way things have been so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment