Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lost 11 lbs!

Well, I am very happy to say that I am finally getting that motivation I need. I am going strong with my diet and regular exercise, and since my last check-in, I have lost 11 lbs and a couple of inches off my neck, waist and hips (I realize that those first 5 lbs. are probably from the initial diet shock on my body, which happens to me every time).

As a matter of fact, we all went out to Ruby Tuesday's last night (Friday is restaurant night) and we ordered chips and artichoke dip for an appetizer, and I am not really crazy about that place, but we had a coupon we decided to use and I ordered a cheeseburger. Well, I ate some of the chips, the two sides and I took two bites of the burger, and by that time I was so full I thought I would burst. Even my husband looked at me like really? LOL that's very unusual for me. It's true what they say about the elasticity of our stomachs, smaller portions over time make them shrink. I could never put myself through stomach stapling surgery, but this does the trick. And, to reiterate what Joe says in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, who made it a law that we need to eat three square meals a day?

I am very happy about this so far, and being on this diet has given me the control I've needed; I really don't have overwhelming cravings, and I haven't had the urge to stop at a fast-food place at all because I know what I'm going to have for lunch already, and the portion size is always the same.

The only thing that concerns me is there are days when I am just incredibly overtired (I've mentioned before that exercising in the morning makes me exhausted by the middle of the day, even when I'm not doing this diet; now it is slightly better, but I do still feel it). I've never had this problem before. I'm wondering if it could be that I am getting older and my body is just not as strong as it used to be. I've looked online and read about other people who have had this problem, and it seems like it might boil down to not enough hydration (I drink tons of water every day, but may not be getting enough electrolites / potassium) or, and this is something I really need to figure out (as I no longer have a gym membership), I have done no weight training whatsoever so far. Supposedly, this leaves nowhere for glycogen (??) to go after working out, and thus, it makes you feel exhausted. I have a couple of small weights I will start using tonight, but I would like to figure out something a little better. In any case, I have made an apointment with the doctor for March 15, and I'll hopefully know soon (although there are still some health mysteries I have yet to understand thoroughly right now). For now, I'll just do what I'm doing, as it's not at the point of being debillitating.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I look at it, 11 lbs in less than a week is an awful lot...unless my weight was fluctuating at some point. Either way, I did lose inches! Losing weight too fast, though, I know is not good.

    ReplyDelete